Section 52 Education Budget Statement 2007-08 (Archived document)
This statement shows how the total resources available for the Schools Budget have been allocated.
- Schools Budget Summary Table - This table provides an account of the main sources of funding available to LAs to support their Schools Budget.
- Table 1 - The total planned education spending by the LA - This statement shows how the total resources available for the education aspects of the CSF service have been allocated between schools and non-schools aspects of the service. The government prescribes in some detail the expenditure and income that relates to each part of the Statement.
There are three annexes to Table 1:
- Central Expenditure Limit - relates to the central expenditure of the LA within the schools budget
- Early Years - relates to the early years free entitlement
- Youth Service - relates to the planned expenditure of the Youth Service
The memorandum items in table 1 relate to the income and expenditure from the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) to fund post-16 pupils.
- Table 2 - A list of schools' budget shares - This part sets out the total budget share allocated to each school in Hertfordshire (column 13). This is the sum for which governors have delegated responsibility. This section also shows the number of pupils used in the formula, which is based on the January 2008 School Census count. It also converts the budget share to a budget share per pupil (column 17), although this data is not strictly comparable, given that other non pupil- based factors, such as the premises-based funding, are used in this calculation. The table also provides information on the Standards Grant and revenue Standards Fund allocations devolved to schools. It provides information on the total notional SEN resource.
- Table 3 - The calculation of each school's budget share - Table 3 shows, for each Hertfordshire school, the amount delegated in accordance with each of the formula factors. This provides information on the amount of money each formula factor heading attracts for each school.
- Table 4 - The LA's allocation formula - This part of the statement sets out the formula factors, such as Age Weighted Pupil Units (AWPUs) or floor area factors, which are used to produce the total allocation for each school. These factors must comply with government regulations, which limit the factors which can be used. Against each factor, the total amount distributed to nursery, primary, secondary and special sectors is shown, as well as the unit values.
This page last updated: 30-06-2009